Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Where Has Respect Gone!

I was in a class yesterday and the student was talking to his teacher in a tone that wasn't becoming of a student. Another teacher walked into the classroom because our school is over crowded and some share classes room for their planning time. This student first started chanting, Hi Ms. Pregnant Lady over and over. I thought that the teacher should have put him in his place then. Well, he was still not getting on task and was all over the teacher up front while she was teaching. He started asking her things while she was teaching and the other teacher who is just there in the back for planning answer. He Yell, "I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU! I was shocked. I wanted to disciple the student but he wasn't under my instruction at the time. Where is the respect? All day long I see teachers being disrespected and trying to keep it together to teach their students. I felt bad because that has been me from time to time too. This was a direct class so these students think that they can do anything. Well, I believe that the buck stops here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Props to that teacher for ignoring the behavior, but yeah... I probably would have said something to that student by that point. I feel like as a teacher it is our job to help teach them respect. They may not give or get respect at home and so at school they have no respect either. I think I would be very frustrated if I was sitting in on that class and could not say anything. Has it gotten any better? Does that teacher always ignore the bad behavior?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it has not gotten better. As long as this student thinks its ok and the teacher doesn't address it properly it will continue. She needs to call in the parents at this point. We now have other students acting out.

    ReplyDelete