Thursday, February 14, 2013

Respect! "A Conversation"

Things have changed. I know that we are always reminiscing on when we were students in school. We are always talking about what happened then and what is happening now. There are things that just works for the time that we are in. It all starts with the home some would say and that could be true for some. If the teacher had this management skill or that one than the class would be more discipline some maybe be thinking. Today, teachers are trying to find out what works and what doesn't. My experience with students behaviors have been to one extreme to another. I had a student tell me today that it takes respect to get respect and she is correct. I also, explained to that student that it is a two way street. I have had a lot of resistance from this young lady all year long. They have changed her classes so many times trying to work out the right fit for her. I told her that I know it is frustrating and sometimes people need to get to know one another. On the issue of respect, I gave her examples of student that didn't want to listen in the beginning, hoping that she saw herself. Of course she didn't but I hope she got something out of the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment